Monday, June 3, 2019

Meet Clementine

Get a dog!" They said
"Itll be fun!" They said

 Actually that's a lie. No one advised us to get a dog. In fact it was the exact opposite. "DON'T DO IT!" was the warning we received from just about everyone we told about our plans to add a puppy to our family.

Let me start by saying I am NOT an animal lover. I was out voted 7 to 1 and so I have yielded my preferences to my husband and kids. They talked it up really well
"We'll do all the work mom!"
"I'll feed her and walk her everyday!"
"If we get one that's hypoallergenic you wont even know she's here!"

LIES! I TELL YOU! ALL LIES! I am the one home all day while Tim is at work and the kids are at school. Much of the work falls to me - the one who really doesnt like animals at all. Obviously we didn't listen to anyone, we went ahead and got a dog. Let me introduce you to Clementine (Clemmy for short)!

Clemmy is a ginger haired labradoodle. Fun fact - she has the same mom as my brothers chocolate labradoodle so they are half siblings (the kids find this fascinating). The kiddos had NO CLUE we were getting a puppy!
Another fun fact- our breeder breeds chocolate doodles and has never had this color pup before! We think she fits in with our family well!
 Clemmy spends most of her day lying the floor at my feet. Or finding anything the kids have left on the floor - shoes are a favorite thing to play with.
Clemmy isnt a huge fan of her leash yet so we're going on lots of walks for practice. Would you believe who gets the hold the leash is the biggest source of arguments in this house?

Amelia is involved with 4-H this spring/summer. They're working on obedience training and some agility skills. She's the youngest pup in the class and it shows.

Lenora was so fearful of dogs. Any dog really. She was absolutely terrified. In fact we were a little worried about how she'd do with Clemmy. She has faced her fear and now calls Clemmy "her dog"!

I've been told she'll grow on me. I'm not sure I believe that. For now I'll tolerate the cute fur ball for the sake of my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment