Thursday, August 8, 2019

Schooling with a toddler

Summer is keeping us CRAZY busy. Between 4H, beach days, pool days, meet ups with friends... we are savoring every moment of summer. But we are also anxious to start school in a couple weeks! I always love getting into a good routine.

The thing I'm probably most nervous about this year is keeping my 3 year old busy while we school. So let me share some of the things I've got in my arsenal for him!
 This particular Water wow is letters but I have several others stashed away to pull out all year long!
 Usborne's busy books keep littles entertained for a long time!
 Every page has a track for the vehicle to drive on
 Lots of sensory bag options. Dollar store shampoo and shaving cream, ziplock bags and "treasures" to put inside. He hates to get messy but loves to squish things!
 Sorting bears. Colors patterns etc
 Usborne's dry erase activity cards
 Lacing cards and shoelaces
 I made these letters when my oldest was in preschool. They are cotton with batting in the middle. Fun to practice letter recognition and spelling!
 Lots of coloring book options
 More dry erase letter fun!
This is the preschool Masterbooks phonics curriculum. I actually got this by mistake but after looking through it we may start this later in the year- it's a letter a week so nothing too strenuous! We'll see how ambitious I am.

We're in the final countdown-just 18 days until we start! In the meantime we're soaking in all the summertime memories we can!


No comments:

Post a Comment